Halloween is almost here and we’re adding this Spooky Snack Mix from The BakerMama to our shortlist of fun treats to make. It has all the things we love in a holiday snack—sweet, salty, festive and a healthy dose of nostalgia. Maegan, the talented mom behind The BakerMama boards, says you can use any black, orange or purple colored cereals. “To make the snack mix COVID-friendly, serve it out of individual baggies, cups or containers,” suggests Maegan. Recreate this recipe at Christmas with red and green cereal and candies, or for Easter with pastel colors!
Here’s a handy dandy shopping list to load up your cart with everything you need to make this snack mix:
- 1 (16 ounce) package chocolate candy coating
- 6 cups (12.8 ounce box) Chex chocolate cereal
- 1 (5.6 ounce) container Hyde and Eek Monster Mash Sprinkles
- 1 cup Peanut M&M’s Ghoul’s Mix (2 share size bags)
- 1/2 cup Sun-Maid orange and black yogurt covered raisins (they come in mini boxes on the Halloween aisle or near the raisins)
- 2 cups Reese’s Puffs Bats Cereal or Count Chocula Cereal with Monster Marshmallows
- 1 (4.2 ounce) package Brach’s Harvest Candy Corn
- 2 cups Utz bat shaped pretzels (picked out from the mini bags with bats and pumpkins mixed)
- Optional: Mother’s Halloween Circus Animal cookies
You just coat the Chex chocolate cereal in the chocolate candy coating and lay it out flat before immediately sprinkling with the Hyde and Eek Monster Mash sprinkles, Reese’s Puffs Peanut Butter Bats cereal, or Count Chocula Cereal with Monster Marshmallows and all the other goodies. These Halloween Circus Animal Cookies would be an adorable and delicious addition as well! Let it set until completely cooled and then break it into pieces and enjoy!
For tips and more recipes from The BakerMama, click here.