Thank you to The Local Moms Network contributor Maria Provenzano of From Scratch with Maria for sharing this delicious recipe! It’s really the perfect summer sip—refreshing, special, and able to be prepped ahead of time. Make a batch of the mint simple syrup and it will keep in the fridge for a month. You can whip up individual cocktails anytime without much more time than pouring a glass of wine!
Pineapple, Lime, and Mint Sparkler
For a single drink:
½ cup unsweetened pineapple juice
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
2 tablespoons mint simple syrup
2-3 fresh mint leaves; torn into smaller pieces 1-2 shots vodka; depending on how strong you want the drink to be ice a splash of soda water
- Place all of the ingredients, except for the soda water, into a glass and stir together well; you can also shake this in a martini shaker for a very cold drink.
- Top it off with a splash of cold soda water and stir until combined.
- Decorate with a piece of fresh lime or pineapple.
Homemade Mint Simple Syrup:
1 cup sugar
1 cup water
1/3 cup fresh mint (more can be used if desired)
Instructions For Mint Syrup:
- Combine the water and sugar together in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir until the sugar has dissolved and the water is just starting to boil.
- Bring to a simmer over low heat and pour in the mint by tearing it a bit to release the natural oils.
- Simmer for about 8-10 minutes stirring frequently.
- Allow to cool.
- Pour through a strainer to remove the mint pieces.
- Store in an airtight container and refrigerate until ready to use. Cheers!